Plotter Sync with Raymarine Wi-FI
Raymarine Wi-Fi plotter owners can transfer routes and markers, upload sonar logs for enhanced SonarChart™ and update their eligible plotter card through the feature embedded in the Navionics Boating app.
Starting with Navionics Boating version 8.5.1 for iPhone/iPad and version 6.3 for Android, Navionics cards updated using the Plotter Sync feature have access to exciting new features introduced with Raymarine’s LightHouse II release 17 software: Dock-to-dock Autorouting, SonarChart Live and Advanced Map Options. Additional requirements for new functionality are a Navionics+, Navionics Updates, Platinum+ or HotMaps Platinum card has an active chart updates subscription and has been updated after April 2016. Owners of Navionics Silver, Gold and HotMaps Premium can take advantage of this amazing set of features by upgrading with Navionics Updates.
More in detail, Plotter Sync allows users to:
• Transfer Routes and Markers between your plotter and mobile app.
• Enhance SonarChart™ just by uploading your sonar logs.
• Activate your Navionics+. If you don’t own a Navionics+, you caneasily upgrade your current product, for example Gold or HotMaps Premium, with Navionics Updates.
• Download new coverage areas and updates to Navionics+ and Navionics Updates.
• Download Nautical Chart, SonarChart™ and Community Edits updates to Platinum+ and HotMaps Platinum cards.
- a Raymarine Wi-Fi enabled plotter:
- multifunction displays a, c, e and gS Series from 2011 using LightHouse II release 10 or newer software or the Dragonfly PRO (feature to link waypoints into a route not available).
- a Navionics Boating app on your iPhone/ iPad or Android
Further requirements to download updated charts and new coverage areas.
- Card: Navionics+ (newly purchased or already activated) or any Navionics Updates, Platinum+, or HotMaps Platinum with an active chart updates subscription.
- App: have a chart area that covers the same region as the card with active Chart Updates.
How to transfer routes and markers
>From plotter to mobile app
Save all the Routes and Markers you have on your plotter to your Navionics card or a blank card (My data > Import/Export > Save data to card > Save all > Edit Filename > Save > Select external storage > Ok).
- On plotter, turn on the Wi-Fi network (System Settings>Wireless Connections>Wi-Fi ON).
- On mobile, go to your device Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your Raymarine network. Open your Boating app and wait for the connection to the plotter and automatic transfer to begin. Oncecompleted, you can acess Routes and Markers in your Boating app from Menu > Archive. Markers will also be visible on the map.
>From mobile app to plotter
- On mobile, go to your device Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your Raymarine network. Make sure that either a Navionics or a blank card is inserted in your plotter. Open your Navionics Boating app. A pop-up will inform you as soon as your mobile device is connected to the plotter. A transfer process from mobile app to plotter card will start.
- On your plotter, follow the procedure to save data from the card to your plotter archive folder (My data > import/export > Retrieve from card> Select external storage > Navionics > Archive >, then select items you want to transfer and go to Chart). To see actual routes on your plotter, go to Menu > My Data > Routes > Show/Hide > Show all > Chart.