At Navionics, we continuously enhance our products and technology to provide our customers with the best possible experience, the most complete details, and relevant content. We recently developed a new system that enables millions of sonar logs sent by users to be integrated within our products in a faster, more accurate way with greater filters, yielding a better result in SonarChart™ contouring. With the help of innumerable and growing Navionics community contributions, our cartography is able to reflect the ever-changing conditions of sea, lake, and river bottoms at a very local level. As a result, Navionics is the first to have mapped Hunter Bank reef a famous fishing spot in New Zealand for about 1 km length. This widespread reef, hosts different fish species, such as from Kingfish, Snapper, Tarakihi, Groper and Warehou just to name a few. It is at 4.3 NM at northwest of Waraka Point and north of Mana Island. Check it in our Chart Viewer and toggle SonarChart™ to view the mapping.
Many areas like Flinders Reef, Jumpin Pin, Somerset Dam, Hinze Dam in Queensland, Sow & Pigs in Sydney, Lake Lyell, Lake Eucumbene in New South Wales, Lake Eildon, The Rip – Port Phillip, Pulpit Rock – Cape Schanck, Flinders Rock– Westernport, in Victoria have been affected by this new technology. See the latest changes using our free online Chart Viewer.
Enjoy boating in Great Barrier reef! Navionics has made quite a lot of improvements in Australia by implementing S57 data. Some examples include better coastlines, more contours, rocks, and a clear visual distinction of vegetation and other details.
An example can be found in the reefs around Coral Sea in Queensland where bathy and other details were added.
In Heron Island, a coral cay that’s great for snorkeling and diving, and home to much wildlife, bathymetry has improved.
GET UPDATED CHARTS!
With an active subscription
- Have a plotter card? Plug your card into a PC and download. Or, if you also have our Boating app, do it wirelessly with Plotter Sync. Download
- Have the Boating app? Open the app and tap Menu > Update All.
With an expired subscription
- Have a plotter card? Choose one of the available options to easily renew. Renew
- Have the Boating app? Open the app, tap Menu > Charts & Upgrades.
- Have a mobile? Download the free Boating Marine & Lakes app that provides a 2-week free trial or the paid apps for Australia & New Zealand!