Scrum Software Tester
This is not a test. Navionics is seeking for Software Testers who will be part of software development teams where the Scrum methodology is applied.
You will be a key contributor to the team test strategy. Based on the functional descriptions, you will define test specifications, scripts and make estimations about efforts. You will perform tests on Scrum items, both manually and by automation, and you will continuously optimize and extend the test environment. Your main task will be verifying the user stories by means of accurate software testing methods and methodologies.
Do you have an international mindset and experience? Do you speak English? Are you willing to have fun sailing, cruising and motorboating and travel the world? If the answer is yes, come and work with us!
If you are up to the test, send us your resume.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement efficient and effective testing strategies, test conditions, test scripts and exploratory test for projects in an Agile Scrum environment
- Provide appropriate testing coverage and requirements traceability through the creation, implementation and enhancement of comprehensive test plans, acceptance test, test cases/user stories, test steps and test automation
- Measuring and reporting test coverage across all applicable coverage dimensions
- Define clear expectations for all testing tasks, including inputs and outputs
- Actively collaborating with developers and business stakeholders to clarify requirements, especially in terms of testability, consistency, and completeness
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent professional experience and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Must possess experience and/or training in high level computer languages such as C/C++/Java/Swift and scripting languages relevant to Navionics’ business needs
- Demonstrates mastery of relevant software testing tools and methodologies (e.g. configuration management systems, debuggers, simulators, testing tools, Gherking)
- Must demonstrate proficient ability to capture and document refinements to testing requirements
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Respond to change quickly, including changing, adding, or improving test cases
- Understanding of programming for the mobile
Bonus points if you have:
- Basic knowledge on cartography and GIS tools
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems
Our home: you can find us in via Fondacci 269 in Massarosa (LU), Italy
Navionics, a Garmin® Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes and rivers around the world for use in GPS chartplotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com
Navionics is a part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com
Many exciting things are happening at Garmin and people take notice: Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018). More recently Garmin was ranked 5th in the list of America’s Best Employers in the large company category and received the highest ranking of any tech company in the list.