Lowrance® Elite- Ti 5 and 7 touchscreen fishfinder/chartplotter wireless units running software version 2.0 now enable SonarChart™ Live that creates a 1 ft/0.5 m HD bathymetry map in real-time on the Navionics Boating app while navigating (see video). The plotter can connect wirelessly with no need of external Wi-Fi routers to easily enable SonarChart Live™. They also provide CHIRP Sonar, StructureScan® and DownScan Imaging™ and can be used with Navionics plotter card cartography. SonarChart™ Live is an embedded, free feature on the Boating App.
SonarChart™ Live is also an excellent way to monitor the improvements your survey will bring to the SonarChart™ because contours are instantly seen while you are collecting sonar logs. You may check your logs processing status and see them on the map. The new SonarChart™, resulting from your and others’ sonar logs, checked and interpolated with existing Navionics data, will be available after about one week to the whole community on plotter, mobile and PC. Get the new SonarChart™ on your plotter by plugging your card in your computer, then go to navionics.com and choose Downloads & Updates. On your mobile app go to Menu>Update All (or Download Map). And also view SonarChart on our WebApp when you zoom in and toggle the SonarChart icon.
How do I create my new SonarChart™ Live?
With the Navionics Boating app installed on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone and tablet, available on the App Store or Google Play:
- Close any other app that may have used the devices Wi-Fi before.
- Connect the wireless device to your mobile via Wi-Fi.
- Open the Navionics Boating app and enable the GPS.
- Begin viewing the new HD bathymetry map created instantly on-screen as you move across the water where you desire enhanced detail. See video.
- Adjust the color and transparency of your personal layer by accessing Menu>Map Options>SonarChart™ Live Settings (make sure Safety Depth/Depth Shading is set to the max value).
Check our complete SonarChart™ Live Compatibility Guide, which is continuously updated.