Lowrance, Simrad and B&G owners can transfer routes and markers and update their eligible plotter card through the Plotter Sync feature which is embedded in the Navionics Boating app for iPhone/iPad and Android. Compatible app versions to be announced.
Plotter Sync allows users to:
•Transfer routes and Markers between your plotter and mobile app.
• Activate your eligible preloaded Navionics+, Platinum+ and HotMaps Platinum card. If you don’t own a Navionics+, you can easily upgrade your current product, for example Gold or HotMaps Premium, with Navionics Updates. Visit your local dealer or buy online, then go to Navionics.com and click on Downloads & Updates and plug in your new Navionics Updates card. Follow the instructions to activate Navionics Updates with your old card to get all Navionics+ content and services.
• Download new coverage areas and updates to Navionics+.
To do so, you need:
• a Lowrance HDS Carbon, HDS Gen3, Elite Ti, a Simrad GO, GO xse, NSS Evo3, B&G Zeus3 or Vulcan unit with software updated to NOS56 or later
• a Navionics card (see “How to” below) plugged into your plotter
• a Navionics Boating app on your mobile device
Further requirements to download updated charts and new coverage areas.
• Card: Navionics+ (newly purchased or already activated) or any Navionics Updates (already activated), Platinum+, or HotMaps Platinum with an active chart updates subscription.
• App: with an active Navionics+ mobile subscription with a chart area that covers the same region as the plotter card.
How to transfer routes and markers
>From plotter to mobile app
Save all the Routes and Markers you have on your plotter to your Navionics card (Go to your plotter > Home > Files > Waypoints, Routes, Trails and trip database > Export > Select GPX file format > Export > Memory Card > OK > Create a new file or select an existing file).
• On plotter, turn on the Wi-Fi network (Menu > Settings > Wireless > Wireless Devices > Tap on “Internal Wireless” > Write down or tap on ‘Network Key’ to change the password to your liking).
• On mobile, go to your device Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your plotter’s Wi-Fi network. Open your Boating app and wait for the connection to the plotter and automatic transfer to begin. Once completed, you can access Routes and Markers in your Boating app from Menu > Archive. Markers will also be visible on the map.
>From mobile app to plotter
• On mobile, go to your device Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your plotter’s Wi-Fi network. Make sure that either a Navionics is inserted in your plotter. Open your Navionics Boating app. A pop-up will inform you as soon as your mobile device is connected to the plotter. A transfer process from mobile app to plotter card will start.
• On your plotter, follow the procedure to save data from the card to your plotter archive folder (Go to your plotter > Home > Files > Memory Card > Archive. Then select items you want to transfer and click Import). Go back to Home > Waypoints/Routes > Select items and click Show.
How to Download updated charts
Your Navionics+, Navionics Updates or Platinum plotter card and the Navionics+ on your Boating app must cover the same region. Furthermore, your plotter card must have an active chart updates subscription. You can even activate your newly purchased Navionics+ plotter card with the app. Go to device Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your Lowrance, Simrad or B&G plotter network. At the very first access, you will be prompted to verify your subscription, which requires an internet connection.
If your subscription is not valid or cannot be verified for some reason, details will be provided. If you have a newly purchased Navionics+, Platinum+ or HotMaps Platinum card, follow the instructions to activate it. Your charts will sync from your mobile to your plotter card automatically as soon as your mobile is connected to your plotter.
Important: after completing Plotter Sync, remove your card and reinsert it.
Note: If your Navionics card is 2 GB and the current charts exceed that capacity, you will need to get a new card in order to use Plotter Sync.
Learn more about Navico and other advanced features.