Plotter Sync with Raymarine Wi-FI
Plotter Sync Raymarine Wi-Fi plotter owners can transfer routes and markers, activate, update and renew their plotter card, and also upload sonar logs for enhanced SonarChart™ through the Plotter Sync. The feature is embedded in the Navionics Boating app and allows Raymarine users to: - Transfer routes and markers between their plotter and mobile app. - Activate Navionics plotter cards (except Navionics+ Small). - Download updated Nautical Chart, SonarChart and Community Edits to Navionics cards. - Upload sonar logs for an enhanced SonarChart™. - Renew their Navionics card subscription for another year (except Navionics+ Small Downloadable). These features are available with the latest Apple and Android app versions.
To do so you need:
- a Raymarine Wi-Fi enabled plotter: multifunction displays a, c, e, eS and gS Series from 2011 using LightHouse II release 10 or newer software, the Axiom & Axiom PRO model using LightHouse III v3.3 or newer, or the Dragonfly PRO (feature to link waypoints into a route not available).
- a Navionics+, Platinum+ or HotMaps Platinum card (or even blank in some cases, see “How to” below) plugged into your plotter - a Navionics Boatingapp on your iPhone/ iPad or Android
Further requirements to download updated charts and new coverage areas
- A Navionics plotter card, as indicated above, with an active chart updates subscription.
- A Boating app with an active Navionics+ mobile subscription that covers the same region as the plotter card.
Getting started Open your Boating app, go to Menu > Connect a Device.
How to transfer routes and markers >From plotter to mobile app Save all the Routes and Markers you have on your plotter to your Navionics card or a blank card (My data > Import/Export > Save data to card > Save all > Edit Filename > Save > Select external storage > Ok). - On plotter, turn on the Wi-Fi network (System Settings>Wireless Connections>Wi-Fi ON). - On mobile, go to your device Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your Raymarine network. Open your Boating app and wait for the connection to the plotter and automatic transfer to begin. Once completed, you can acess Routes and Markers in your Boating app from Menu. Markers will also be visible on the map. >From mobile app to plotter - On mobile, go to your device Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your Raymarine network. Make sure that either a Navionics or a blank card is inserted in your plotter. Open your Navionics Boating app. A pop-up will inform you as soon as your mobile device is connected to the plotter. A transfer process from mobile app to plotter card will start. - On your plotter, follow the procedure to save data from the card to your plotter archive folder (My data > import/export > Retrieve from card> Select external storage > Navionics , then select items you want to transfer and go to Chart). To see actual routes on your plotter, go to Menu > My Data or Waypoints, Routes, Tracks > Routes > Show/Hide > Show all > Chart.
How to record/upload sonar logs
Enable sonar log recording on plotter from MENU > PRESENTATION/SETTINGS > DEPTH & CONTOURS > Sonar Logs ON. On plotter, turn on the Wi-Fi network (System Settings>Wireless Connections>Wi-Fi ON). Go to your mobile device Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your Raymarine network. Your Navionics Boating app will automatically capture data from your Navionics card, meaning logs will be stored on your mobile until uploaded to Navionics. You can record up to a max capacity of 20 MB, which is 7 days of navigation.
>Using SonarChart Live
SonarChart™ Live allows users to create new personal 1 ft/0.5 HD bathymetry maps that display in real time while navigating. It is also an excellent way to monitor the improvements your survey will bring to the SonarChart™ because contours are instantly seen while collecting sonar logs. See video.
- Owners of Raymarine multi-function displays with software updated to LightHouse II version 17 (May 2016) and of Axiom & Axiom PRO models using LightHouse III v3.2 or newer, can view SonarChart Live directly on their plotter screen. Sonar logs are automatically saved to the Navionics card and can be uploaded via Plotter Sync. - Owners of Dragonfly 4, 5 and 7 PRO and Wi-Fish should instead use the SonarChart™ Live feature within the Boating app. Both provide CHIRP DownVision sonar technology in split-screen, while the Dragonfly PRO also has a fishfinder view. Sonar logs will automatically upload from the Boating app to Navionics servers the next time you connect to the internet from your mobile via Wi-Fi network or 3G/4G. Raymarine models can also display SonarChart Live on a mobile device using Sonar Server by Digital Yacht.
Sonar log recording and uploading will contribute to enhanced SonarChart™ which you can download after about one week. Learn more about SonarChart™ and how to record sonar logs on your plotter. You may check your logs processing status and see them on the map. The new SonarChart™ resulting from your and others’ sonar logs, checked and interpolated with existing Navionics data, will be available after about one week to the whole community on plotter, mobile and PC.
How to Download updated charts Your Navionics plotter card and the Navionics+ on your Boating app must cover the same region. Active subscriptions are required on both the plotter card and the app. You can even activate your newly purchased Navionics plotter card with the app. Go to device Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your Raymarine plotter network. At the very first access, you will be prompted to verify your subscription, which requires an internet connection.
With LightHouse II release 17 software update, Raymarine MFDs with built-in Wi-Fi can connect to Wi-Fi access points and mobile hotspots; it means that iPhone, iPad and Android users who have the latest versions of the app will be able to verify their subscription when internet and plotter connections are present at the same time. This can happen also for iOS users with Wi-Fi Assist enabled.
If your subscription is not valid or cannot be verified for some reason, details will be provided. If you have a newly purchased Navionics+ card, follow the instructions to activate it. Your charts will sync from your mobile to your plotter card automatically as soon as your mobile is connected to your Raymarine.
Note: If your Navionics card is 2 GB and the current charts exceed that capacity, you will need to get a new card in order to use Plotter Sync.