If you are interested in working for an innovation driven company, in a team of enthusiastic and skilled engineers, contributing to develop Navionics mobile application used by millions of users worldwide, look no further.
Our Navionics Engineering team is seeking for a talented Android Software Engineer to develop and continuously improve our applications.
We offer you the chance to join a team of software professionals who all work together to achieve the best results for our customers. You’ll be working in a dynamic and agile environment surrounded by people with a pioneering spirit and passion for challenges.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for writing well-architected and performant Android code to provide the best possible user experience to our current and potential customers. In all this, you will work closely with the other mobile developers as well as our UX designers
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem-solving techniques
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outline corrective action for given problems
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options for similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other Navionics associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Participate in product and/or application definition activities including feature analysis and system tradeoffs
What you’ll need:
- Graduated in technical discipline or equivalent professional experience in computer science (BE/B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA/M.Sc) and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- You appreciate good software architecture and love to apply it to your code
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect our Navionics mobile application applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- You are thorough and pay attention to detail
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control, build processes, testing)
- Ongoing curiosity for new technologies, approaches, and solutions
Bonus points if if you have:
Familiarity with Agile (Scrum)
Our home: you can find us in via Fondacci 269 in Massarosa (LU), Italy
Navionics, a Garmin® Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes, and rivers around the world for use in GPS chartplotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com
Navionics is part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we would like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com.
Many exciting things are happening at Garmin and people are taking notice: Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018). More recently Garmin was ranked 5th in the list of America’s Best Employers in the large company category and received the highest ranking of any tech company in the list.