Back-end Web Developer
Navionics is looking for a talented Back-end Web developer that will be in charge of maintaining our eCommerce website. Your main tasks will be to ensure that the last security patches are installed and that existing functionality continues to work properly. You will develop new modules and apply any required front-end changes.
What you’ll do:
- Implement basic front-end changes and develop new functionalities
- Regularly update our Magento installation and install security patches
- Develop integrations with our platform and suite of microservices to build new user experiences
- Work with our engineering team to design and deliver new features for our ecommerce storefront
- Ability to understand requirements from product owners and work with teams to ensure timely delivery
What you’ll need:
- Be skilled in PHP object-oriented programming and MVC applications
- Have a deep understanding of Magento's code structure, extension, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Working knowledge of SQL, HTML, CSS
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control, build processes, testing)
- Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Ongoing curiosity for new technologies, approaches and solutions
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with any eCommerce platform administration and maintenance and experience with Magento 2
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience on developing Ruby on Rails applications
- Magento 2 certification
- Experience with release building and deployment software, such as Jenkins
Our home: you can find us in via Fondacci 269 in Massarosa (LU), Italy
Navionics, a Garmin® Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes and rivers around the world for use in GPS chartplotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com.
Navionics is a part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com. Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and it is ranked in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018).