C/C++ Software Engineer – 3D modelling
Garmin Italy Technologies is searching for a talented and passionate C/C++ Software developer!!
You are self-motivated, goal-oriented and strong team player, willing to be an active contributor to the success of the team and to explore cutting edge solutions for processing geospatial data in a dynamic and highly performing environment.
We offer you the chance to join a team of software professionals who all work together to achieve the best results for our customers. You will work with people with a pioneering spirit and passion for challenges.
What you’ll do
• Develops complex software in C/C++, designs and implements advanced algorithms and techniques to elaborate geospatial data and their digital representation
• Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionalities for Garmin products in accordance with applicable software development methodology and releases processes
• Experience with software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
• Collaborates and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
• Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem-solving techniques
• Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
• Estimates level of effort, evaluates new options for similar technology, offers suggestions to improve processes, and provides comments on some electrical design aspects
• Performs unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
• Works collaboratively and professionally with other Garmin associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals
• Applies a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
• Participates in product and/or application definition activities including feature analysis and system tradeoffs
What you’ll need
• Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline
• Good knowledge of computational and applied mathematics concepts
• Strong in C/C++ programming
• Object orientated programming principles and Design patterns
• Thorough understanding of computing fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, memory management, multi-threading
• Knowledge of the standard library and STL containers
• Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues
• Ability to quickly react to feedback, new requirements and priorities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Fluency in English
Bonus points if you have:
• Relevant experience in software development, image processing and data modelling
• Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) project methodologies
• Knowledge of C++15/17 standards
• Basic understanding on GIS and spatial databases and concepts
• Experience with Visual Studio IDE
• Experience code management (GIT/ Gerrit), configuration management systems and build processes (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible)
• Knowledge of OpenGL ES and building graphics applications
• Experience on mobile development (Java, Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin
Our home: you can find us in via Fondacci 269 in Massarosa (LU), Italy
Established in 1984 as Navionics®, Garmin® Italy Technologies produces electronic charts for the leisure boating market.
We were born from a revolutionary idea: the world's first electronic chart display, or chartplotter. Now we use location services every day on our mobile devices, and maybe even take them for granted. But, think about it: how pioneering is that? This state of mind is what the Company is founded on and our focus for future goals. Our cartography is available to boaters for use in GPS chartplotters, and within our app for Apple® and AndroidTM devices.Our head office is based in Viareggio, Tuscany, the perfect starting point for reaching nearby cities of art, beaches and mountains.
With over 19,000 associates in 34 countries around the world, the Garmin® group brings GPS navigation and wearable technology to the automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and fitness markets.
At Garmin®, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. We think every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday.
See more at www.garmin.com.