C/C++ Software Engineer
Navionics is searching for a talented and passionate C/C++ Software developers!! You are self-motivated, goal-oriented and strong team player who is willing to be an active contributor to the success of the team, providing technical solutions and support in a dynamic and highly performing environment.
We offer you the chance to join a team of software professionals who all work together to achieve the best results for our customers. You’ll be working in a dynamic and agile environment surrounded by people with a pioneering spirit and passion for challenges.
1. Develops complex software in C/C++, creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionalities in accordance with applicable software development methodology and releases processes 2. Experience with software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
3. Collaborates and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
4. Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
5. Estimates level of effort, evaluates new options for similar technology, offers suggestions to improve processes, and provides comments on some electrical design aspects
6. Performs unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
Experience and skills required:
1. Graduated in technical discipline or equivalent professional experience in computer science (BE/B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA/M.Sc) and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
2. Strong in C/C++ programming, Object orientated programming principles and Design patterns.
3. Thorough understanding of computing fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, memory management, multi-threading, Knowledge of the standard library, and STL containers.
4. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Added advantage if you have knowledge/experience on
a. Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) project methodologies
b. Basic understanding on GIS and spatial databases
c. Experience with any Relational Databases (Oracle, SQL server, PostgreSQL, MySQL) and SQL scripts
d. Experience with VC++, MFC
Employment type: Permanent Job, full time
Place of work: Navionics Technologies Pvt Ltd, located in Hyderabad, India.
Navionics, a Garmin® Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes and rivers around the world for use in GPS chartplotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com.
Navionics is a part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com. Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and it is ranked in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018).