Getting from Point A to Point B is just the beginning. With millions of customers using our products, we strive to hire associates who will help us maintain our position at the forefront of mapping technology.
If you’re ready to keep us on our path to perfection, we want to find you! Navionics is hiring a Cartography Technician II to join our team and to work on exciting projects.
You will be responsible for the attribution, processing and maintenance of cartographic data and utilize Navionics experience to execute and preserve appropriate quality standards. You will assist with research, creation, evaluation and quality assurance of maps produced for use in Navionics products.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate competency and implementation of accepted standards and procedures.
- Assist in map generation and product compilation.
- Demonstrate continuous growth and ability to evolve with engineering technology.
- Recognize and communicate opportunities for product or process enhancements.
- Lead small projects and/or sub‐projects as part of a greater project.
- Capable of mentoring Cartography Technician 1.
- Must be receptive to feedback, suggestions, and guidance.
What you’ll need:
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment to achieve goals.
- Proven desire and ability to continue to grow and learn, show initiative, and gain new responsibilities. Proven ability to manage information.
- Able to work professionally and in a positive manner with all other associates.
- Accept and act on feedback related to areas of growth or improvement.
- Must demonstrate proficient use and knowledge of production tools.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities.
- Work under general supervision of Team Lead or mentor.
- Follow established procedures.
- Can effectively apply acquired experience, knowledge and problem-solving abilities to daily duties.
- Demonstrate great verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must successfully complete the required Cartography Training regimen.
- Complete tasks with a balanced approach to quality and quantity.
- Proven reliability and consistency. Work independently.
- Able to work professionally in a positive, respectful and productive manner with other associates.
- Great interpersonal and technical communication skills.
- Understands corporate's Mission Statement and Quality Policy and exhibits enthusiasm for and a desire to see the organization succeed.
- Bachelors Degree in Cartography, Geography or Marine Geomatics plus 1 year of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Our home: you can find us in via Fondacci 269 in Massarosa (LU), Italy
Navionics, a Garmin® Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes and rivers around the world for use in GPS chart plotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com.
Navionics is a part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com.
Many exciting things are happening at Garmin and people are taking notice: Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018). More recently Garmin was ranked 5th in the list of America’s Best Employers in the large company category and received the highest ranking of any tech company in the list. In 2020 Garmin was ranked as one of the World's Best Employers from Forbes.