At Navionics, we like helping people find their way.
Navionics is hiring a Cartography Technician to join our team with a temporary assignment, to work on exciting projects!
You will be responsible for the attribution, processing and maintenance of cartographic data and participate in the evaluation of map data and execution of Quality Assurance processes on maps produced for use in Navionics products.
What you’ll do:
- Edit, manipulate and maintain geographic data using custom and 3rd party software.
- Ensure the application of appropriate cartographic specifications to the data.
- Help evaluate and process database updates according to established methodology.
- Conduct testing and evaluation of Navionics cartography products.
- Perform established operations for quality assurance.
- Function both as a team member and as an independent professional.
- Perform other job‐related duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent academics. Bonus points if you have Marine Geomatics Degree.
- Must possess a basic working knowledge and understanding of digital cartographic principles relevant to Navionics’s business needs.
- Proficient computer skills including GIS.
- Must be detail‐oriented and able to prioritize and multi‐task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to work and thrive in a technical team.
- Fundamental understanding of Navionics's Cartography development process.
- Good interpersonal and technical communication skills.
- Willing and able to share ideas freely and positively.
- Understand the importance of thoroughly documenting work in an organized manner.
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement.
Our home: you can find us in via Fondacci 269 in Massarosa (LU), Italy
Kind of contract: Temp
Navionics, a Garmin Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes and rivers around the world for use in GPS chartplotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com
Navionics is a part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com
Many exciting things are happening at Garmin and people are taking notice: Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018). In 2019 Garmin was ranked 5th in the list of America’s Best Employers in the large company category and received the highest ranking of any tech company in the list. In 2020 Garmin was ranked as one of the World's Best Employers from Forbes.