Navionics is searching for a talented and passionate DevOps Engineer.
You have the knowledge and ability to design and manage a complex cloud infrastructure. You are self-motivated, goal-oriented and a strong team player who is willing to take responsibility in delivering cloud services to our internal and external customers.
We offer you the chance to join a team of software professionals who all work together to achieve the best results for our customers. You’ll be working in a dynamic and agile environment surrounded by people with a pioneering spirit and passion for challenges.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our software and cartography engineers to design and develop services and platforms to serve our customers in their recreational boating lives.
- Turn complex and broadly-defined business requirements into clear software designs and architectures able to scale and perform in line with the highest standards.
- Ensure the highest quality, reliability, security and performance for the Navionics Cloud Platform with special focus on Security and High Availability.
- Produce weekly reports and analysis on AWS spending with the objective to improve costs efficiency.
- Be a key driver the adoption effective Agile and DevOps adoption.
- Stay up to date with cloud technology and best practices with the intent of selecting and exploiting the most appropriate solution for strategic and tactical business needs.
What you’ll need
- Graduated in technical discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 3 years of working experience in IT or software teams within companies developing products and services on the web.
- Proven experience in DevOps and IaaS/PaaS Cloud Architectures based on Amazon Web Services (AWS) services stack. AWS certifications are a plus.
- Experience in DevOps and IaaS/PaaS Cloud Architectures based on Microsoft Azure services stack is a plus.
- Linux Administration.
- Scalability and Performance test (tools and practices).
- Good written and oral communication skills to explain complex concepts in a simple way.
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, PostGIS) and No-SQL (Mongo)databases.
- Experience in test driven development & continuous integration.
- Experience working in agile environment and tools (Jira, Confluence, Git).
- Passion for serving customers, and with interest in recreational boating.
Our home: you can find us in via Fondacci, 269, in Massarosa (LU), Italy.
Navionics, a Garmin® Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes and rivers around the world for use in GPS chart plotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com.
Navionics is a part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com.
Many exciting things are happening at Garmin and people are taking notice: Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018). More recently Garmin was ranked 5th in the list of America’s Best Employers in the large company category and received the highest ranking of any tech company in the list. In 2020 Garmin was ranked as one of the World's Best Employers from Forbes.