Navionics is searching for a talented and passionate DevOps Engineer to develop and continuously improve our systems.
If you are interested in working for an innovation driven Company, in a team of enthusiastic and skilled engineers, contributing to develop Navionics products used by millions of users worldwide, look no further.
You are self-motivated, goal-oriented and a strong team player who is willing to take responsibility in delivering cloud services to our internal and external customers. You have the knowledge and willingness to work on a complex cloud infrastructure.
We offer you the chance to join a team of software professionals who all work together to achieve the best results for our customers. You’ll be working in an international, dynamic and agile environment surrounded by people with a pioneering spirit and passion for challenges.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our software and cartography engineers to design and develop services and platforms to serve our customers in their recreational boating lives.
- Work with senior DevOps engineers in order to turn complex and broadly defined business requirements into clear software designs and architectures able to scale and perform in line with the highest standards.
- Ensure the highest quality, reliability and performances for the Navionics Cloud Platform with special focus on Security and High Availability.
- Improve the software team’s development and release cycle efficiency through the process’s automation.
- Produce weekly reports and analysis on AWS spending with the objective to improve costs efficiency.
- Adopt effective Agile and DevOps solutions.
- Stay up to date with cloud technology and best practices with the intent of selecting and exploiting the most appropriate solutions for strategic and tactical business needs. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on web services running on one of the largest AWS footprint in Italy.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline and a minimum of 1-year relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant professional experience in IT or software development teams as a DevOps Engineer.
- English proficiency.
- Experience in DevOps and IaaS/PaaS Cloud Architectures based on Amazon Web Services (AWS) stack.
- Linux Administration and bash scripting.
- Knowledge of cloud services scalability best practices.
- Experience working with code management (GIT), test driven development and tools for services continuous integration and deployment (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Nexus).
- Good written and oral communication skills to explain complex concepts in a simple way.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Experience with agile SDLC methodologies and tools like JIRA/Confluence or Azure DevOps.
Bonus points if you have:
- Amazon Web Services certifications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud services stack.
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, PostGIS) and No-SQL (Mongo) databases. - Experience with micro-services architecture.
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration services.
- Familiarity with marine environment technology, navigation and devices.
Our home: you can find us in via Fondacci, 269, in Massarosa (LU), Italy.
Navionics, a Garmin® Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes and rivers around the world for use in GPS chart plotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com.
Navionics is a part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com.
Many exciting things are happening at Garmin and people are taking notice: Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018). More recently Garmin was ranked 5th in the list of America’s Best Employers in the large company category and received the highest ranking of any tech company in the list. In 2020 Garmin was ranked as one of the World's Best Employers from Forbes.