About the Job
The IT Infrastructure Administrator is responsible for supporting all production operations work for the company. Administering and assisting with Server / Desktop and help desk activities, including basic network maintenance, technical guidance, and security in coordination with the Global Technology Infrastructure teams. The overall objective is to use infrastructure technology and identified policies to process data, resolve issues and execute administrative tasks.
The responsible person would also maintain the Server Room, understanding the business. The function drives strategy, and compliance with policy through a global governance, assurance and control framework, working in close collaboration with key IT stakeholders on behalf of Global Business and Global Functions.
We are a passionate team that enjoys our work and is always looking for ways to innovate and incorporate the latest technology solutions into our work culture. Self-Learning and Innovation should be the core habits of the person filling this role.
What you’ll do:
- Solve technical challenges by defining, designing, deploying, and troubleshooting key services, platforms, and infrastructure. Continuously working to maintain and improve availability, reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance.
- Manage server maintenance, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Collaborate with peers, team leads, and third-party vendors to resolve end user issues, maintaining complete ownership of issues from beginning to resolution. Thus, following up with them to ensure accurate resolution for technical issues raised. Responding and Resolving the tickets within the defined SLA should be maintained.
- Work with application teams and other respective project managers to handle large scale provisioning of server hardware, Virtualized Server, Operating System and Databases.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies. Perform and document root cause analysis and drive permanent fixes for critical and repeat issues.
- Performs moderately complex systems and database administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the customer support troubleshooting of infrastructure services.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Navionics along with its associates and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement solutions for driving efficiency and scalability.
- Strive for improving user experience and customer satisfaction.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Follow existing procedures for the team and focus on updating existing documentation for the team. Maintain operational runbooks, configuration, or other procedures.
- Interfaces with internal colleagues to determine requirements, anticipate future needs, and identify areas of opportunity thus being responsible for budgeting activities.
- Produce reports as required by the team management.
- Collaboratively work with all Navionics locations and other regional team members.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in IT Administrator role performing specific tasks
- Strong Knowledge of Windows 2008/2012/2016 at least including, DNS, Active Directory and Group policy and in-depth knowledge of windows troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of VMWARE ESXi 6.
- Basic knowledge of systems and network security principles, and general systems administration best practices with detailed understanding TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, Firewalls, Load Balancers, switches, and network design.
- Strong understanding of Linux Platforms (ubuntu / CentOS), and advanced knowledge of OS performance optimization, hardware configuration, and related root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Strong Knowledge on Change and Incident management process.
- Strong documentation and record keeping skills, should have skills to prepare RCAs with extreme attention to detail.
- Good knowledge on Performance monitoring and analysis on tools like SolarWinds, Lansweeper, Manage Engine.
- Good Understanding of cloud technology (AWS, Azure,).
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, think-on-your-feet business environment and possess strong organization skills, excellent verbal and written English, good interpersonal skills, and an attention to detail, and be deadline focused.
- Must be able to confidently hold discussions with managers and Directors without getting pressurized and have the ability to manage concurrent tasks and meet project deadlines, with attention to details.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to drive customer issues and escalations independently.
- Have an understanding of different web services and troubleshooting skills.
- Exposure to agile methodologies and the ITIL framework.
- Willing to work outside office hours if required and provide on call support if need be.
Bonus points if you have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent degree with Technical competencies
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence), and development tools such as Jenkins
- Experience in SAP administration in User creation/copy/access rules
- Prior experience of working in large organization with infrastructure in all major global regions would be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of different types of contingency infra setups for services.
- Microsoft certification for Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 will be added advantage
Our home: you can find us in via Fondacci, 269, in Massarosa (LU), Italy.
Navionics, a Garmin® Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes and rivers around the world for use in GPS chart plotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com.
Navionics is a part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com.
Many exciting things are happening at Garmin and people are taking notice: Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018). More recently Garmin was ranked 5th in the list of America’s Best Employers in the large company category and received the highest ranking of any tech company in the list.