Position Title: Product Owner – Data Production
Department: Data Production and Procurement
Reports To: Product Manager – Data Production
Place of work: Hyderabad, Navionics Technologies
Position summary: Support production planning through definition and development of cartographic tools and product lifecycle for the Cartography Data Production and Quality department.
Use this knowledge along with prior experience and internal/external information to lead the delivery of superior products developed on time and on budget.
- Exemplify Navionics’ Mission, Vision, Values and lead by example in order to proactively work to improve Navionics image and culture
- Design programs and policies to cultivate a strong customer service culture in your function
- Self-motivated and demonstrates a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Support production direction and needs by working with internal customers and company leadership
- Gain first hand insight of the department’s challenges and define features and functionality that improve cartography production capabilities
- Support and possibly identify measurement strategies to drive ongoing optimization before, during and after they are live in production
- Suggest innovative solutions
- Act as a business analyst for cartographic tools teams
- Support cross-functional teams by being the subject matter expert, able to answer questions and make clear recommendations and requirements
- Contribute to socialize a clear view of priorities and progress against a production roadmap with business partners and the Product Manager
- Collaborate with Software Engineering to drive and support execution and iterative delivery of initiatives
- Provide reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using sound problemsolving techniques
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Education, experience and skills required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business, Geography, Cartography or a related field AND a minimum of 4 years relevant product ownership experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to properly read and write technical specifications and procedures
- Proven ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and evaluate new ideas with partners across the organization
- Experienced in leading, driving and influencing cross-functional SCRUM teams
- Significant experience working as SCRUM Product Owner in Agile development organizations
- Has a point-of-view on how technology teams should engage to iteratively and efficiently deliver value for the customer (ideally with Agile methodologies)
- Willing to work across multiple software delivery models including waterfall, agile, scrum and lean
- Preferable marine cartography background and knowledge of GIS (Geographical Information Systems) tools (e.g. Q-GIS)
- Able to quickly gain knowledge of Navionics overall cartography production lines and internal customers
- Strong written and oral communication skills to present data and product recommendations to engineering and cartography management
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Proven desire and ability to continue to grow and learn, show initiative, and gain new responsibilities
- Proven reliability and consistency. Works independently. Proven ability to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to travel
Navionics, a Garmin® Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes and rivers around the world for use in GPS chartplotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com.
Navionics is a part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com. Many exciting things are happening at Garmin and people are taking notice: Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018). More recently Garmin was ranked 5th in the list of America’s Best Employers in the large company category and received the highest ranking of any tech company in the list.