Regional Sales Manager - Scandinavia
Position summary: Highly motivated professional to develop new retail sales and cultivate/expand sales with existing marine retail accounts and installing dealer network.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities
- Establish and execute sales Plans, sales promotions
- Establish and maintain dealer and distributor relationships
- Territory development
- Prepare and maintain monthly sales forecasts for all Navionics cartography products
- Develop and execute strategies to increase market share and profits
- Monitor market for need to modify pricing to meet sales objectives and profit goals
- Create and make sales presentations to prospects and existing accounts
- Attend and coordinate trade shows
- Travel with little or no supervision
- Educate dealers on products
- Promote “Customer Pull” in coordination with Marketing, by sponsoring events like fishing tournaments, regattas
- Cooperate to grow the Social Media communities engaged with Navionics products (Apps and Cards)
- Drive B2C online activities either directly or with Pro-staffers/Ambassadors, by creating Webinars and Videos
- Complete timely and succinct trip and status reports
- Excellent product and pricing knowledge
- Manage large accounts with excellent project management skills
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Education, experience and skills required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience and 3 years or more experience in sales and marketing performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description or 10 years marine industry sales experience.
- Must possess the ability to provide demonstrated results with meeting and/or exceeding sales goals in positions similar to this role
- Must possess work experience selling consumer products in the marine marketplace
- Must provide demonstrated evidence of proven track record with sales successes
- Must possess the ability to maintain flexibility to travel (50% of time or greater)
- Must possess demonstrated presentation skills and public speaking ability
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to generate and support pragmatic solutions that meet Navionics’s sales goals, while maintaining high customer service standards
- Languages: fluent English. Additional desirable languages: Norwegian, Swedish, Danish.
- Business to business sales experience
- Personal experience in fishing and boating
- Excellent product knowledge of communication and navigation systems
Navionics, a Garmin® Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes and rivers around the world for use in GPS chart plotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com.
Navionics is a part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com. Many exciting things are happening at Garmin and people are taking notice: Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018). More recently Garmin was ranked 5th in the list of America’s Best Employers in the large company category and received the highest ranking of any tech company in the list.