Senior Back-end Developer
If you are interested in working for an innovation driven company, in a team of enthusiastic and skilled engineers, contributing to develop Navionics web products used by millions of users worldwide, look no further.
Our Navionics Engineering team is seeking for a talented Senior Back-end Software Engineer to develop and continuously improve our systems.
What you’ll do:
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes
- Identifying defects, performing root cause analysis using software engineering tools and techniques
- Proposing corrective actions, offering comments, suggestions for alternative solutions, process improvements, and estimating level of effort
- Applying design standards and procedures to implement complex designs
- Performing unit, integration and performance testing and performance tuning
- Communicating status of work clearly and transparently to your supervisor
- Documenting work in an organized manner
- Collaborating effectively with other Navionics and Garmin associates through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Constantly learning and improving knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate competency and implementation of accepted standards and procedures.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on web products running on one of the largest AWS footprint in Italy.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent professional experience and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience developing with Java or C# and related frameworks such as Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate, .Net
- Experience with micro-services architecture, Docker eco-system and hands-on expertise in developing RESTful Service APIs
- Thorough understanding of computing using complex data structures, complex algorithms, memory management, multi-threading and standard libraries.
- Experience working with any IDE (IntelliJ, Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc…), code management (GIT/ Gerrit), configuration management systems and build processes (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible)
- Experience working with large datasets in relational and non-relational databases like Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with agile SDLC methodologies and tools like JIRA/Confluence or Azure DevOps
- Experience with both Linux and Windows environments
Bonus points if you have:
- Working experience with NodeJS
- Experience with GIS systems or spatial databases
- Familiarity with marine environment technology, navigation and devices
Our home: you can find us in via Fondacci 269 in Massarosa (LU), Italy
Navionics, a Garmin® Ltd. company, develops and manufactures electronic navigation charts of marine areas, lakes and rivers around the world for use in GPS chartplotters and mobile devices. You can find us in the App Stores or at www.navionics.com
Navionics is a part of the Garmin group of companies. At Garmin, we like to work hard and play hard. It comes easy when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. See more at www.garmin.com. Garmin was ranked as one of the 500 World’s Best Employers in 2017 and it is ranked in the top three most reputable tech companies (U.S. Reputation Institute, 2018).