SonarChart™ Live allows you to create new personal 1 ft/0.5 m HD bathymetry maps that develop in real time while navigating. The feature can be displayed directly on the screen of compatible plotters, or on a mobile device within the Navionics Boating app when used with a sonar.
- Additional requirements are a Navionics+, Navionics Updates, Platinum+ or HotMaps Platinum card that has an active chart updates subscription and has been updated after April 2016. Learn about all updating options here.
Mobile devices connected in Wi-Fi to one of the following:
- Raymarine Dragonfly 4, 5 and 7 PRO, Wi-Fish. Both provide CHIRP DownVision sonar technology in split-screen, while the Dragonfly PRO also has a fishfinder view. See video.
- Lowrance HDS Carbon, HDS Gen3 (instructions) and Elite Ti (instructions)
- Simrad GO and NSS evo3
- B&G Vulcan and Zeus3
- SonarPhone T-BOX SP200 and SP300 by Vexilar provide you with mobile sonar at a very affordable price. It enables SonarChart Live as seen in this video. Plus, you enjoy a fishfinder in split-screen.
Other sonar/plotters that do not have built-in Wi-Fi, may connect to the mobile device using an NMEA 0183 Wi-Fi Router:
- GoFree WIFI-1 Module by Navico (sonar compatibility)
- Sonar Server by Digital Yacht (sonar compatibility). When used with a compatible chartplotter, it enables SonarChart Live and shows depth values. Other devices from Digital Yacht or other brands may be compatible.