Until now, we offered a variety of boating apps on the App Store™ and Google Play™, based on location and device type. Now, we are simplifying our product line and discontinuing most of them, leaving just one.
But don’t worry about being left adrift! Users of discontinued apps will be able to move to a NEW boating app and keep all their charts and data.
THE NEW APP:
- Includes an additional source of local information shared by boaters — theActiveCaptain® Community at Garmin®.
- Will run with an optimized interface on smartphones and tablets with the same operating system, using the same subscription. Users will be able to sync charts and data among their mobile devices (Menu > Me > Subscription > Restore Purchases). Charts and subscription cannot be synced across Apple® and Android™ apps.
WHICH APPS WILL BE DISCONTINUED?
- All the «paid titles» — These are the apps you currently pay for on the App Store; they include charts and the one-year subscription.
- Boating HD Marine & Lakes — Our FREE app for iPad® devices.
- All the «paid titles» — These are the apps you pay for on the Google Play Store and include charts and the one-year subscription.
- Boating Marine & Lakes — That’s our FREE app for smartphones.
Update your current app now to switch to the NEW boating app
By doing so, you will continue getting new features and updates. You will also keep your charts, the subscription days you have left and all your data and settings — at no additional cost.
If you have:
- An active subscription, you’ll also keep the subscription days you have left.
- An expired subscription, you’ll be able to renew directly in the new app.
YOU JUST NEED TO
- Update your soon-to-be-discontinued app to the latest version
- For Apple, on your mobile device, go to the App Store > «Updates»
- For Android, on your device, go to Google Play > Menu > «My apps & games»
- Then, open the app, and follow the procedure to automatically download the new boating app and transfer all your data to it.
Please be aware that the transfer process might require up to one day.
In light of these improvements, we have updated our pricing policy.
- This Boating app release includes a new set of subscription prices that is the same for smartphones and tablets.
- The price of subscription activation and renewal is the same.
Find more about the app migration here.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.