New lakes now available for US and Canada - with more coming!
Navionics has expanded its over 18,000 1 ft HD lake database in the US and Canada to include hundreds more lakes that are now available on Navionics plotter cards and mobile apps - with even more on the way!
See the list of new lakes in Maine, Minnesota, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Texas, Wisconsin, and Saskatchewan, Canada. Stay tuned for more additions in several of the same states and many others too! If you love cruising, sailing or fishing on US or Canadian inland waters, you’ll want to explore these new bodies of freshwater with Navionics!
SonarChart™ and SonarChart™ Live
Fishermen value the amazing detail the SonarChart™ 1 ft HD bathymetry map layer provides for catching more fish. SonarChart™ features extraordinary bottom contour detail, great for increasing awareness of shallow waters and for locating fishing areas at any depth level. In addition, only Navionics integrates the sonar logs shared by individual users with existing data to ensure SonarChart™ becomes more and more precise, even in the ever-changing conditions of sea, lake and river bottoms.
Don’t see your favorite lake in our database? Or are you just wishing for better detail on an existing lake? You can visit your favorite lake and record sonar logs on your plotter, then upload to Navionics to build a new and better SonarChart™. Or you can use the SonarChart™Live feature embedded within the Navionics Boating app to create personal 1 ft HD bathymetry maps on your iPhone, iPad or Android. SonarChart™Live is the most efficient way to enhance SonarChart™ because your sonar logs are automatically sent to Navionics from your device. SonarChart™ Live will also be available on select chartplotters soon. Your contributions from both plotter and mobile, along with those of the Navionics Community, mean that any lake can be charted with great detail!
It’s the perfect time to update your charts and take advantage of the great addition to our lake mapping database! Whether it’s for your GPS chartplotter or mobile device, here’s how you can get the latest maps on your plotter and mobile!
On your PLOTTER:
- Purchase a Navionics+ chart card and get the latest Nautical Chart, SonarChart™ and Community Edits for all of US and Canada plus one year of daily updates or purchase HotMaps Platinum if you want exclusive Satellite Overlay, 3D view and Panoramic Pictures along with Navionics+ charts and features.
- If you already have a chart card from Navionics or even a different brand, you can update and upgrade to Navionics+ with Navionics Updates at half price!
- If you currently own a Navionics+ or HotMaps Platinum, simply perform your daily updates to have the new lakes added!
On your MOBILE:
- If you are new to Navionics, download the free version of our Boating app. You’ll get a one week free trial before the opton to purchase so you can explore any of our existing lakes plus the ones we’ve added: select Menu > Charts > USA or US & Canada. Or you can buy Boating USA or Boating US & Canada, which already contain the region. They are available on the iTunes or Android store. Then download detailed maps by zooming in or from Menu > Download Map.
- If you currently own our Boating app for USA or US & Canada, or the free Boating app with either region purchased, just go to Menu > Download Map or Update All. If you are not able to update your charts, renew your Navionics+ subscription for another year at half price!
- Continue to keep maps up-to-date from Menu > Update All (or Download Map). Maps are saved permanently on your device for offline use.