At Navionics, we continuously enhance our products and technology to provide our customers with the best possible experience, the most complete details, and relevant content. As part of our ongoing product enhancement, we recently improved the depth contours for 3 lakes in the southeast of the US: Fontana in North Carolina and Tellico and Tims Ford in Tennessee.
All three are lakes generated by dams. Fontana and Tellico both impound the Little Tennessee River while Tims Ford is situated on the Elk River.
Fontana is the deepest lake in North Carolina and the temperature of its waters is quite low, these conditions make it a very interesting habitat for a variety of fish species such as muskie, walleye and smallmouth bass.
Tellico lake offers the beautiful landscapes of the Great Smoky Mountains and 51 different fish species, among which bass and trout are common catches. Ramps, marinas, docks and other services are available for the boating community.
Tims Ford is considered a highly picturesque lake and it offers many facilities for anglers. It is a bass fishing destination, in fact the Tims Ford Bass Classic is held here every year in spring.
See the improvements now
Browse your areas of interest on our Chart Viewer, check out some examples here below and judge for yourself:
GET UPDATED CHARTS!
With an active subscription
- Have a plotter card? Plug your card into a PC and download. Or, if you also have our Boating app, do it wirelessly with Plotter Sync. Download
- Have the Boating app? Open the app and tap Menu > Update All.
With an expired subscription
- Have a plotter card? Choose one of the available options to easily renew. Renew
- Have the Boating app? Open the app, tap Menu > Charts & Upgrades.
- Have a mobile? Download the free Boating Marine & Lakes app that provides a 2-week free trial!