In case you haven’t already heard, Navionics started off 2022 with a new, streamlined catalog of marine cartography – Navionics+ and Platinum+ – delivering feature-rich, all-in-one mapping and more for a wide range of compatible chartplotters.
So, what does this mean for the Navionics Boating app? Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to sail, cruise, fish and dive with all the same rich chart content and advanced features you’ve come to rely on – like premium chart overlays, daily updates, advanced autorouting technology1 and more. In fact, the latest Navionics Boating app catalog makes it even easier to find coverage for the waters you like to explore, thanks to new and extended coverage regions around the world.
Though some coverage regions have been discontinued, that chart content has been more conveniently absorbed into several new and existing coverage regions. Effective March 9th, the Navionics Boating app will offer in-app guidance on how to renew for access to the content you need if the coverage region for your current subscription has been discontinued. You will also have the ability to renew your subscription for access to the latest coverage regions via the Navionics website.
Below you can find a summary of the changes included in the new Navionics Boating app catalog.
New coverage regions
- Adriatic and Ionian Seas – $54.99
Discontinued coverage regions
- Asia and Africa – Now covered by Africa & Middle East; Australia & New Zealand; Indian Ocean & South China; China Sea & Japan; and Pacific Islands.
- Canaries Azores Madeira – Now covered by Africa & Middle East; Central & West Europe.
- Europe – Now covered by Central & West Europe; Mediterranean & Black Sea; Norway; Skagerrak & Kattegat; and NEW Adriatic & Ionian Seas.
- Central Volga River
- Lower Volga River
- Moscow Area
- Upper Volga River
- USA – Now covered by US & Canada.
In addition to the above updates, Croatia waters and part of the Danube River will be removed for Mediterranean & Black Sea coverage. These areas will now be included in NEW Adriatic & Ionian Seas coverage.
Price updates for existing coverage regions
- Central & West Europe – Now $34.99, plus extended coverage for the Danube River.
- Mediterranean & Black Sea – Now $21.99, plus extended coverage for the coast of Morocco and Canaries.
- Mexico, Caribbean to Brazil – Now $29.99
- Africa & Middle East – No price change ($54.99), but this region now adds extended coverage for North Africa and the Canaries, Madeira, and the Azores islands.
To view the full list of coverage regions in the new Navionics Boating app catalog – or to find out the best coverage for you – please visit the link here.
¹Autorouting is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations.