At Navionics, we continuously enhance our products and technology to provide our customers with the best possible experience, the most complete details, and relevant content. As part of our ongoing product enhancement, we recently added new high definition bathymetric data collected by a 3rd party for Canada, Guam, Saipan, and the US.
The survey data has been collected using a multibeam technique allowing for a more precise reading of the seabed which results in higher quality depth contours. These additions enrich the already detailed information present on our SonarChart layer that are integrated with data from the best sources, as well as from Navionics’ own survey and sonar logs contributed by our users.
The result is an incredible level of detail and superior bathymetric charts that will increase your awareness of water depths and will help you locate the best fishing areas. If you’re an angler, take full advantage of these high definition contours by color-customizing the different depth ranges on your Boating app. This feature allows you to easily locate fishing spot at a glance!
See the improvements now
Browse your areas of interest on our Chart Viewer, check out some examples here below and judge for yourself.
In these images you can see some examples of how the contours in the SonarChart layer have been highly improved off the coast of Maine, near Saco Bay.
This example shows how the bathymetry has changed south off the coast of Louisiana near the Mississippi delta.
Here, the number of contours has increased in Quebec waters.
Want better charts and to contribute to SonarChart enhancement for all boaters? Learn how.
Check out this article to learn how we have improved the way we process the sonar logs shared with us.
Learn more about chart updates and discover our latest changes!
GET UPDATED CHARTS!
With an active subscription
- Have a plotter card? Plug your card into a PC and download. Or, if you also have our Boating app, do it wirelessly with Plotter Sync. Download
- Have the Boating app? Open the app and tap Menu > Update All.
With an expired subscription
- Have a plotter card? Choose one of the available options to easily renew. Renew
- Have the Boating app? Open the app, tap Menu > Charts & Upgrades.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE NAVIONICS YET
- Have a plotter? Choose Navionics+ or Platinum+. Shop Now
- Have a mobile? Download the free Boating Marine & Lakes app that provides a 2-week free trial! Shop Now