Driven by a passionate commitment to support our customers’ enjoyment on the water, Navionics continues enriching its chart coverage to include popular boating and fishing areas around the world. We recently updated 56 lakes and added 734 more throughout Maine. The new additions, primarily located along Maine’s 3,500-mile coastline, include spot soundings that are marked on the chart as a number indicating the water depth at that specific point.
Maine’s thousands of lakes and ponds are rich in aquatic life and ideal for boating, kayaking and fishing. Mainers target prime cold-water species such as landlocked salmon and brook, brown, lake and rainbow trout. Largemouth and smallmouth bass, chain pickerel, perch and sunfish are also extremely common. As the northernmost state on the East Coast, Maine is an ideal destination for ice fishing in the winter months, drawing ice anglers from across the country.
See the improvements now
Browse your areas of interest on our Chart Viewer, check out some examples below and judge for yourself:
Ellis Pond, Brooks, Maine. Located approximately 10 miles northwest of Belfast Bay.
Wesserunsett Lake, Madison, Maine. Access the public boat launch in east Madison and enjoy this popular fishing spot during summer and winter seasons.
Scituate Pond, York, Maine. This shallow pond north of the New Hampshire border is popular with local kayakers.
Learn more about chart updates and discover our latest changes!
GET UPDATED CHARTS!
With an active subscription
- Have a plotter card? Plug your card into a PC and download. Or, if you also have our Boating app, do it wirelessly with Plotter Sync. Download
- Have the Boating app? Open the app and tap Menu > Update All.
With an expired subscription
- Have a plotter card? Choose one of the available options to easily renew. Renew
- Have the Boating app? Open the app, tap Menu > Charts & Upgrades.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE NAVIONICS YET
- Have a plotter? choose Navionics+ East, HotMaps East or Platinum+ Maine. Shop Now
- Have a mobile? Download the free Boating Marine & Lakes app that provides a 2-week free trial. Shop Now