At Navionics, we continuously enhance our products and technology to provide our customers with the best possible experience, the most complete details, and relevant timely content. As part of our ongoing product enhancement, over Spring and Summer 2018, we have added or repositioned over 3,000 buoys and beacons in Holland.
In an environment that is subject to frequent changes, like the Dutch waterways, it is very important to have recurrent updates to cartographic objects such as nav aids because the navigable channels and sea bottom change quickly. Boaters need to be aware of the shifting shallow waters, that, in some locations or periods of the year can have daily changes.
In inner waters, buoys and beacons mark the shipping lanes and thus the shallow waters you need to be aware of. This is especially important during the summer period when the channels are particularly busy and the recreational boats and professional ships need separate lanes of travel.
On the Waddenzee, one of the most challenging waterways on the planet, really strong currents cause continuous changes in seabed. Here too, the buoys and beacons system is updated periodically.
See the changes now
Browse your areas of interest on our Chart Viewer, check out some examples here below and judge for yourself:
GET UPDATED CHARTS!
With an active subscription
- Have a plotter card? Plug your card into a PC and download. Or, if you also have our Boating app, do it wirelessly with Plotter Sync.
- Have the Boating app? Open the app and tap Menu > Update All.
With an expired subscription
- Have a plotter card? Choose one of the available options to easily renew. Renew
- Have the Boating app? Open the app, tap Menu > Charts & Upgrades.
- Have a mobile? Download the free Boating Marine & Lakes app that provides a 2-week trial!